Geotechnical Engineer at Sarawak Shell Berhard
(Kuala Lumpur, Miri, Malaysia)
At Sarawak Shell Berhad (71978-W), we are continuously looking to the future and for people who will make it happen. Take now for instance. We're looking for the world's top Exploration & Production talent to join us in building a business capable of real and sustainable growth. If that's you, then come and explore your potential in an environment characterised by opportunity, flexibility and reward. Shell is committed to the Asia pacific region through growing its position as a leading supplier of LNG in the region and growing the value in its existing heartlands.
The Exploration & Production business began in Asia Pacific over a century ago, back in the 1890s, when the first wells were drilled by Shell in Sumatra and Borneo. Recent discoveries in Malaysia and Brunei Darussalam provide an aggressive expansion to our portfolio in the region.
Shell Exploration & Production Asia Pacific operates in seven countries - Malaysia, Brunei Darussalam, China, Philippines, New Zealand, Australia and Singapore.
We currently have positions available in Kuala Lumpur and Miri, Malaysia.
* Shell’s Deepwater Engineering Office is located in Kuala Lumpur to support Shell’s EP Asia Pacific business by providing the engineering and project expertise that delivers deepwater oil and gas development projects.
* This position is to provide the geotechnical engineering for these projects. This includes defining and executing geotechnical site investigations, preliminary and final design of offshore foundations and anchors, and supporting geohazards assessments for foundations, flow lines and wells.
* BS or MS in Civil Engineering with focus on Soils, preferably with 10 or more years working in a geotechnical engineering consultancy or function, and more than 5 years in offshore geotechnical engineering;
* Experience in the specification and execution of offshore geotechnical field data collection programs;
* Fluency in spoken and written English is essential for this position;
* Sound technical judgment, with a sense for realism in project schedules and budgets;
* A credo of delivery on promises;
* High personal energy level and a proven track record in achieving stretching personal and business goals;
* Familiarity with the regional soils conditions.
Application Deadline: Monday 04 August 2008
Number of Vacancies: 1
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.