Superintendent-Safety Monitoring and Commissioning at Kaltim Prima Coal, PT
KALTIM PRIMA COAL, PT
PT Kaltim Prima Coal (KPC) operates a coal mine in Sangatta East Kalimantan and is one of the largest export coal mines in the world. Coal Production target for 2008 is 46 mtpa and plan are underway for further expansion in 2009 and beyond to bring optimum economic return to the company and its stakeholder.
A Vacancy exists for the position of :
SUPERINTENDENT - SAFETY MONITORING & COMMISSIONING
Those who are interested in and meet the requirement for this position are invited to apply.
Key Elements Of The Position Include:
* Plan, direct and monitor the section’s activities and staff in order to achieve business goals that are consistent with
* departmental objectives, occupational health and safety targets and PN requirements.
* Liaise with contractors and KPC personnel in all divisions to facilitate a better understanding of safety, occupational health
* and PN requirements and oversee the monitoring of their adherence to those requirements, the identification of problem
* areas and recommendations on improvement strategies.
* Provide advice and guidance to KPC and contractor management and safety co-ordinators on the implementation of
* PN occupational health and safety management systems and standards in the workplace, and ensure they are being
* implemented consistently across the site.
* Assist the manager in the development of the annual business plan and the prioritizing of departmental tasks.
* Assist KPC & contractor management in the investigation of major accidents on site to determine immediate and root causes, check for safety breaches and to recommend improvement strategies. Audit the implementation of recommendations arising from accident/incident investigations.
* Advise and guide staff on safety issues to raise their awareness of current industry practices and to develop their skills in this field.
* Manage, appraise and evaluate employees to provide individual performance feedback, arrange training programs to enhance their professional development as well as raise the general skill level within the section.
* Oversee and manage specific safety initiatives and programs, improve identified shortcomings and investigate specific issues.
* Communicate regularly, through meetings and informal discussions, with all employees within the section to advise them of work priorities, address specific issues and enhance the effectiveness of operations.
* Provide regular reports and updates to the Manager OHS to be informative and demonstrate accountability.
* Represent KPC at domestic & regional safety forums in order to contribute to the forum’s objectives and to enhance one’s own knowledge of OHS issues.
* Ensure appropriate safety procedures and standards are in place and that KPC and contractor employees are made aware of them.
* Develop SWP and other safety policy used across KCP sites, socialized and monitor the implementation. Observe, analyze
* and develop the changes of these may be required due to the changes of the practical conditions if the field.
* Identify the problems related in safety implementation at all divisions by discussing with Divisional Safety Co-ordinators.
* Leading in the finding the best problem solving, monitor and control the implementation.
* Liaise with representative of Government, independent auditing institution, and Share Holders for safety audits and system implementation.
* S1 Degree in an engineering discipline (preferably Mining Engineering). Post graduate qualifications in safety related area is an advantage.
* Minimum 5 - 7 years prior experience working as an engineer, preferably in a mining environment is essential. Would require another 3 - 5 years to become competent in this position.
* Extensive experience and proven skills in the Occupational Health and Safety field, preferably with exposure to the mining (ideally open cut mines) or construction industries. Knowledge/experience with OHSAS18001 is an advantage.
* Well-developed written and oral communication skills to liaise with KPC personnel and various external groups.
* Detailed knowledge of Company and external policies, procedures and regulations impacting safety.
* Sound decision-making skills to address and handle a wide variety of issues.
* Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to influence, motivate and lead others.
If your background meets these requirements, forward your resume (including details of present position & remuneration, your latest color photograph) no later than 14 days after the date of this advertisement to the following address:
Superintendent - Recruitment
PT Kaltim Prima Coal,
PO BOX 620 Balikpapan 76106, Kalimantan Timur
or e-mail to : email@example.com
visit our website : www.kaltimprimacoal.co.id
THIS IS A CHALLENGING CAREER PROSPECT AND A VERY COMPETITIVE REMUNERATION AND
BENEFIT PACKAGE WILL BE OFFERED TO QUALIFIED CANDIDATE
Post Date: 04 Nov 08